FC Edmonton is committed to welcoming our fans into Clarke Stadium as safely as possible. As such, we have implemented a series of health and sanitization policies and procedures and are monitoring guidelines from Alberta Health Services (AHS), the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and public health officials.
FC Edmonton, Clarke Stadium and the City Of Edmonton will continue to monitor guidelines and protocols from local public health officials and will update these Safety Guidelines as needed. Please visit this page regularly for updated information.
New Covid-19 Protocols Commencing September 29
As previously announced, FC Edmonton will follow the Restriction Exemption Program for all remaining home matches this season. In accordance with this program, discretionary businesses and events must make changes in order to comply with new restrictions as directed by the Province. To ensure a commitment to the health and safety of all involved with the event, FC Edmonton has elected to implement these enhanced changes for fan attendance at home matches.
- All attendees aged 12 and older are required to provide verification of their COVID-19 vaccination (single or double dose) or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of game time in order to enter Clarke Stadium.
- FC Edmonton + Clarke Stadium will not be offering antigen/rapid testing at the gates.
Verification of vaccination must be in the form of documentation issued by the public health authority that administered the vaccine. Examples include:
- Alberta Health COVID-19 vaccine card
- MyAlbertaHealth Vaccination Record
- A government-issued vaccination record or receipt from another Canadian province or territory
- A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-issued vaccination card (U.S.)
- Or record of vaccination from the healthcare provider that administered the vaccines
- Verification of a negative COVID-19 test result may be provided in the form of a document from the healthcare provider that administered the antigen or PCR test (a pharmacy, hospital, lab, etc.)
The verification documentation may be presented either on a mobile device and/or with printed documentation at the gates before entry.
Fans/Attendees will also be required to present a form of government-issued identification (passport, driver’s license, etc.) that must match the identity information on their vaccination/negative COVID-19 test verification documents. In order to maintain consistency with these enhancements, the same status will be required for team and staff participation at matches. FC Edmonton is asking fans to ensure they are symptom-free and have had no close contacts with a positive COVID-19 case if attending matches at Clarke Stadium.
In addition, to further protect the health and safety of the Edmonton community and all associated with FC Edmonton home matches, and to ensure safety is maintained as our top priority, other measures being taken include:
- Full vaccination (two doses) for all participating athletes and team staff, or the strict adherence to specific protocols to ensure there is no close contact with those that are not fully vaccinated
- Canadian Premier League (CPL) Health & Safety guidelines and protocols in place for every team in the league
- Masks are required to be worn in all indoor areas of Clarke Stadium such as washrooms